Welcome to BOISE RunWalk!
Spring group training for runners, walkers and R4HG
- 12 Weeks of structured group coaching - On Sale Now $75
- meet every Saturday
- begins 8:00 a.m. April 19, 2014 at Shoreline Park.
- 10K, half marathon, marathon, R4HG
- target events: R4HG, Fit for Life, City of Trees, and many more
- Questions? (208) 639-1434
Optional Cross-Training w/ Coach Pam begins April 22
- 10 weeks, 2x per week, 20 workouts. On Sale Now - DETAILS.
- Meet Tuesdays & Thursdays 6pm
- Beneficial to R4HG and all BRW runners and walkers.
Questions? (208) 639-1434
Run 4 Heavens Gate
- Participate in the Spring and/or Summer.
- Spring group begins April 19 w/ Boise RunWalk
- Summer group begins July 19 /w Boise RunWalk more
- Payment and Registration required via CCBoise website here
Beginners and couch potatoes welcome!
- Target race events: Fit for Life, City of Trees, Heaven's Gate, Barber to Boise and more.
- Read what others are saying here
- Follow the Weekly Update for locations, times, clinics, maps, routes
- Walkers and Runners - all levels. Couch potatoes welcome!
- Questions? Phone Coach Steve (208) 639-1434
Walkers and Runners - all experience levels
Join BOISE RunWalk's group training program this Spring for the Fit for Life Half Marathon 10K 5K - walkers and runners, all experience levels! Join the Spring and Summer group training programs for a full two seasons of group support, new friends and great fun! Marathoners! Join for both Spring and Summer and do the City of Trees or Portland Marathon.
Marathon. Half Marathon. 10K. Springtime!
Your Spring training program provides the group support and coaching for 12 weeks on your way to the Fit for Life Half Marathon 10K 5K race event in July. The Spring program also starts the 25-week marathon schedule towards the Portland Marathon and City of Trees Marathon. One of our most popular training programs with other target race events including Barber to Boise 10K, Run for the Hills Half Marathon 10K, Heaven's Gate Half Marathon and Zeitgeist Half Marathon.
Portland Marathon, City of Trees Marathon, Run for Heaven's Gate
The marathon schedule starts in Spring training too for runners and walkers. One of the biggest challenges coaches have is getting inexperienced runners to approach the first 5 weeks at low intensity while focusing on core strength and flexibility. You have plenty of time to add speed training once you have built a base of low miles and freedom from injury. During the first 5 weeks, focus on core strength, nutrition and making new friends, all while running very conservatively.
Fit for Life Half Marathon
The half marathon schedule in the Spring starts at 3-4 miles for runners and walkers, and ends at the Fit for Life Half Marathon 10K 5K in July.
The 10K Spring training schedule starts at 1-2 miles. Many people enjoy training for the 10K (6.2 miles) and this program provides an opportunity to re-introduce yourself to running after a long, very long layoff. The 10K programs is also perfect for walkers learning to run, and everyone preparing for a half marathon program in the Summer.
All Spring program routes are on the greenbelt and in the foothills at Hulls Gulch. All groups share the common routes with coaches, water coolers when necessary and restrooms or portable toilets.
Meet at Shoreline Park and enjoy a Saturday morning routine that includes group coaching, warm-up and workout. As the morning temperatures rise and the sun comes up earlier we’ll start meeting earlier. Most mornings we will hold group discussions where we coach you on important training topics using a question/answer format. These discussions last 20-30 minutes before we warm-up and head out on the routes.
Do you need additional coaching outside the coaching you receive in BOISE RunWalk's training group programs? Or are you a non-member who is seeking a personal coach? For information visit Coach Steve's personal coaching page.